This is a sandwhich using Trader Joe's chickenless tenders and lots of veggies and yummy stuff. This is perfect if you don't know what to pack for lunch for school or work. I showed this on my Instagram as well if you haven't followed me my username is missshe360. To see the recipe click read more!
1/4-1/2 package of veggie grounds
1 can of red kidney beans
1 can of pinto beans
1 can of white kidney beans
1 can of black beans
1 bell pepper
1 peeled carrot
1 yellow onion
as much corn as desired
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 can diced tomatoes or tomato sauce
2 tbsp chili hot sauce
3 tbsp paprika
salt and pepper
1. cut all the veggies into small cubes (the size of veg-all carrot pieces)
2. in a slow cooker turn the heat up as high as it goes and add olive oil, garlic, carrot, and onion
3. stir around until onions are translucent or lightly browned depending on how you like them.
4. crumble up your veggie grounds and add to the slow cooker. Turn down to low heat.
5. Drain and rinse your beans and add to slow cooker. Add some water so it doesn't burn.
6. Add the rest of the ingredients.
7. Let simmer until the beans and peppers are tender. Add water while cooking so it is a chili consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Serve with toast if desired.
tomato sauce of choice
Cooked ground beef or tofu grounds
diced yellow squash
White eggplant *optional
1. add squash and zucchini into a medium pot with olive oil and cook until tender
2. add ground tofu or meat
3. add salt and pepper to taste
4.add tomato sauce and mix well
5. Cook sauce until desired tenderness
*if you are adding eggplant blend it up in a food processor until crumbly and cook it with the squash
*when picking a ground tofu always go for non-GMO
*when picking a ground tofu I prefer the mushroom and veggie based one
a pita bread cut in half
spinach or spring mix
vinagrette of choice
1. spread the hummus on the inside of the
2. pita as generously as desired
3. put veggies inside the pita
4. when eating top with vinaigrette
*Use as plain a vinaigrette as possible to avoid it clashing with the hummus.
*you can use guacamole instead of hummus but you may not need the vinaigrette
*you can put any veggies you want I prefer tomato and cucumber to keep it simple and delicious
I like to leave the skin on my carrots but you can peel them if you like.
If you want these to be more convenient you can cut them ahead of time and store in a zip lock bag just make sure they are dry to prevent molding.
This is a recipe from my friend's dad.
Light Italian Dressing
BBQ sauce of choice